Hurricane Michael caused more damage than any other hurricane ever has in the Florida Panhandle and surrounding areas. Mexico Beach, Tallahassee, Pensacola and the surrounding areas will never be the same after Hurricane Michael. All other hurricanes that have hit the Florida Panhandle simply pale in comparison to Hurricane Michael.
There’s Hope: You Can Rebuild. We Can Help.
Attorney Suzette M. Marteny Moore and the team at S. Moore Law can help you rebuild if you have been damaged by Hurricane Michael. We know that a hurricane such as Hurricane Michael can and does cause widespread devastation. Getting over the shock that occurs when you return home after a hurricane, such as Hurricane Michael, to see the property damage takes an emotional toll. Seeing your home and belongings that you worked so hard for blown apart after a hurricane, particularly one as catastrophic as Hurricane Michael, leaves you stunned and wondering what to do first.
Here is a list of steps you should take if you have property damage from Hurricane Michael:
- Shelter. Secure a safe place for you, your family and your pets if you cannot safely live in your home. Oftentimes, friends and relatives will take you in for a period of time. Public shelters are a good alternative if you do not have pets. Hotels, motels, and nearby campgrounds are another alternative.
- Document. Take Pictures. Lots of pictures. Insurance companies want to see proof of your loss. Take as many pictures as you can.
- Keep Your Receipts. Documentation of your expenses is key. Keep all receipts and proof of expenditures.
- Mentally Prepare. Dealing with insurance companies and property damage claims is sometimes a long and difficult journey, particularly when there is a widespread catastrophe such as a hurricane, and especially one like Hurricane Michael. If you have significant losses, it will likely be months before your insurance claims are resolved.
- Don’t Lose Hope. Keep a positive attitude. You can rebuild your house. You will buy new “stuff.” It’s just going to be tough for a little while.
Meet the AYLNow Team
Suzette M. Marteny Moore
Founder & Managing Attorney
Attorney Suzette M. Marteny Moore is an award-winning attorney who has been consistently ranked among Florida’s top attorneys in Florida Trend’s “Legal Elite” and Florida “SuperLawyers,” and is AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale Hubbell.
Sydney is our legal admin and handles incoming calls and inquiries. She’s new to the legal world, and is excited to be part of the team. Sydney enjoys cultivating her butterfly garden, playing with baby animals of all sorts and volunteering in her community.
Jelitza “Jelly” Acevedo
TBD has been a paralegal for many years. She works remotely from Orlando, and it seems like she never leaves her desk. She is always available and willing to help our clients work through whatever issue they have.
Call Us Today To Help You Rebuild After Hurricane Michael. 863-229-2140
Don’t Be Silent. Call AYLNow.com TODAY and Let Us Be Your Voice.